Links for February 11th
- Jeni Barnett: Have you lost something? – Jeni Barnett, or someone in her employ, has deleted the two posts (and all the comments) regarding her broadcast that demonstrated her ignorance of the facts regarding MMR vaccination. Quackometer has reposted large portions of it in order to maintain the debate.
- The preposterous prejudice of the anti-MMR lobby | David Aaronovitch – Times Online –
The campaigners were always irrational. Yet the paranoia persists and children’s lives are more at risk than ever
- LBC, MMR, Jeni Barnett, an Early Day Motion, the Times, and, er, a bit of Stephen Fry… – Dr Ben Goldacre sums up the story so far over the Jeni Barnett MMR-related phone-in debacle. Lots of links to supporting sites and some interesting comments.Jeni Barnett seems to have deleted the two posts regarding this on her own blog. Perhaps she’s embarrassed by all the negative attention?
- Ten Major Flaws of Evolution – A Refutation – Popular creationist misconceptions and canards debunked by people that actually understand science
- Darwin’s Galapagos: Santa Cruz –
The incredible biodiversity of the Galapagos Islands was key to shaping Charles Darwin’s theory of evolution.Two hundred years on from the birth of Darwin, BBC science correspondent David Shukman visits the archipelago.